Oops
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The New Guild Story Discussion

+2
Bate The Wizard
Whytewolf
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The New Guild Story Discussion Empty The New Guild Story Discussion

Post by Whytewolf April 11th 2010, 7:50 am

Okay I am calling all to pens! Well...yeah..

Okay so back in January of this year I put together a poll. For who would be interested AND participate to make a new guild story. So I figured with the summer coming up and my impending move this might be a good time to start hashing out how we want to do this. I have a couple ideas that I think would work best (after all I think 4 people who said yes myself included) is a good number, we can work with that. It would work well with 4 and more people can hop in if they become so inclined.

Now here are my suggestions for how to put this together so people don't always have to be online at the same time. Note doing this when not everyone is online we do need to make some rules. Absolutely no imposing an action on another person's character. The odd thing is alright but you wouldn't want someone making your character into something they aren't so be respectful.

Example:

Do Not:
Cody pushed Jim and laughed as Jim stumbled and fell.

Do:
Cody pushed Jim and laughed.

Now it is up to the person in charge of Jim, did he stumble funny before he falls, does he just fall on his ass, or is he able to catch himself either by grabbing a person or object. Unless this has been agreed upon by Jim before hand that he stumbles and falls.

Of course there are exceptions to the above rules. Honestly if someone pushed Dinnok I would have no problem with him stumbling before falling that is his character he is a klutz who on more than one occasion has fallen out of a tree (my favorite way to introduce him). Very Happy

Note: No super humans, your character will have flaws and the story won't be much fun for everyone if your character is never wrong, can kill everything with a look and is invincible.

Now back to business:

1) We run it on the forums every one can write their part and post it. After joining the role play forums for AoC I have seen a few stories written like this and it seems to work well. With this while I trust everyone using the forums to be respectful and not insert non story related posts to the thread. Though if we do it this way I would probably recommend making a Story or Stories Forum for threads dedicated to the story and any questions regarding it.

2) We run it with Gmail accounts and a shared document then have someone periodically (I can) post it on the forums for all to enjoy and read if they so choose. With a thread so that if someone not already a part of the writing wants to join they can get the information about accessing the document.

If anyone else can think of another method I am all ears/eyes. I feel both of the above options have their pluses and minuses. Though for both it would be nice for someone to keep a back up of the story if something happens. I'm not too worried about that one though I normally do keep a record of it. Very Happy Once we have it settled on how we want to present the story to work as a group we can have another poll to settle the method used unless we can just all agree within this thread.

Secondly what kind of story would we like to write? I propose a fantasy story for multiple reasons:
1) Pretty much anything goes
2) I'm biased and want to use Dinnok and don't want to have to change his background to fit the theme (though if I am out voted I will)
3) This is more a plea...please no high school story, or romance. (I don't mind if there is romance or sexual tension included in the story in fact I encourage it. Dinnok is not always subtle Wink )

For any interested in joining but are not sure where to start:

Well how are we going to get everyone to meet?

My ideas are we can take it from multiple perspectives. If the story has started and you want to join make a small blurb on what your character has been doing while everyone else has been busy.

How will characters work?

Everyone will be in charge of their own character, ie most of my focus will be on Dinnok, I will be responsible for any minor characters I bring in and if we need to expand on the character base then any who choose can have multiple characters. Personally if we get this going while Dinnok Dou'Kain will be my main focus character I will have the old flame that things did not end with well pop into the story every now and again to make things interesting.

Ok so I want to join but where should I start on my character(s)?

I would recommend choosing the basics, is your character male or female, this does not need to reflect on who you are, ie) I love writing bits for Dinnok, and though I am a happily engaged woman I often write about Dinnok, he, yes my main focus character is a bisexual man that is a "half breed" Half Dryad and half elf. He has a mint green hue to his skin, golden eyes, raven black hair and a thin scar along his jaw line. Dinnok is impulsive, a klutz, soft hearted, has low self esteem and a great shot with a bow.

Your description of your character does not need to start so detailed pick gender, name, origin (are they human, elf, kindred, hobbit, something previously unknown?)

Then pick a character flaw and some personality traits: Are they arrogant, vain, compulsive liar, are they loyal to a fault, etc.

Fast Example: Human man named Cody, is arrogant with a more balls then brain attitude. Tall and muscular. Tah Dah my character is done and ready to join.
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female
Number of posts : 243
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Back to top Go down

The New Guild Story Discussion Empty Re: The New Guild Story Discussion

Post by Whytewolf June 5th 2010, 11:30 pm

Ummm...responses anyone? Please...I misses this lots.
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bate The Wizard June 6th 2010, 8:17 pm

i could go for another story. sadly i dont believe zelda has access to a computer at the moment, so hopefully we can get enough people for this.
Bate The Wizard
Bate The Wizard
Quite A Regular
Quite A Regular

Male
Number of posts : 58

Back to top Go down

Post by xlegaaragodor June 7th 2010, 7:36 pm

Zelda is trying. I've got my sis' when im over there and bros' laptop when im home... Since things happened mytwo closes friends have been trying to keep me from just sitting around for the past two months or so now. Maybe its been a month im not sure. But im all for a new story, ima try to at least cheack forums every single day, its h neard when im never really anywhere at the moment. I graduate this sunday though, and then my sis moves the next week so i might end up being home a lot more often in about two weeks, so we'll see. But im all for this!
xlegaaragodor
xlegaaragodor
Admin-I-Strator
Admin-I-Strator

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by Bate The Wizard June 7th 2010, 9:33 pm

good to hear
Bate The Wizard
Bate The Wizard
Quite A Regular
Quite A Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 9th 2010, 11:29 pm

Good to hear that you might be around more. Any ideas on how we would like to put the new guild story together? Forums or Google Docs or what?
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bate The Wizard June 10th 2010, 1:38 am

im fine with whatever
Bate The Wizard
Bate The Wizard
Quite A Regular
Quite A Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by *Epidemic June 10th 2010, 1:34 pm

Whytewolf wrote:Good to hear that you might be around more. Any ideas on how we would like to put the new guild story together? Forums or Google Docs or what?

Google docs have limits now Sad but it would be easier.

Id defiantly get into it.
*Epidemic
*Epidemic
I Am "Aaron"
I Am

Male
Number of posts : 316

http://oops.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 11th 2010, 11:09 pm

Ahhh good to know they have limits. I'm planning on adding my novel to it that I want to right. Exile is the working title. I let Kat read the prologue ages ago and caught shit for not having more for her to read. lol. Guess what I'm back to working on it again. Still only in Chapter 1 though.

So how do we want to get this started, I agree google docs prolly the easier way to go. Andrew, Kat, thoughts? Since it sounds like the four of us will be the starting group. Others are welcome to join if they ever feel like it. I have a couple ideas for starting it if people want me to put it first. (grins sheepishly) I may or may not have already written a few introductions for my character to start with depending on how many people and how we wanted intros to work. IE does anyones characters already have history and traveling together? (I may have one for that) Is Dinnok alone and can be stumbled upon, I may have one for that...etc. Embarassed
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 12th 2010, 1:17 am

Okay so an option for opening is now posted on Google Docs. Just let me what gmail address you would like invited to it (I think its still only available to gmail accounts), and I will send you an invitation.

Keep in mind if you don't like the current opening I have posted I have tried to write it so that it will be easily edited.
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Reddawn June 12th 2010, 12:51 pm

my Gmail is reddawn8604@gmail.com
Reddawn
Reddawn
Admin-I-Strator
Admin-I-Strator

Male
Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 12th 2010, 1:51 pm

You're invite has been forwarded to you're gmail address. Feel free to add to the story as you would like Smile Later when I have a chance I'll add you to my contacts list in gmail. Have fun. I'm heading out to buy shorts and a bike yay!!
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bate The Wizard June 12th 2010, 5:24 pm

my gmail is rdude229@gmail.com
Bate The Wizard
Bate The Wizard
Quite A Regular
Quite A Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xlegaaragodor June 12th 2010, 8:41 pm

Im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo into this. Same email as last time hun!
xlegaaragodor
xlegaaragodor
Admin-I-Strator
Admin-I-Strator

Female
Number of posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post by *Epidemic June 12th 2010, 8:47 pm

Astra Ill start as soon as Tuesday comes around. Bros got grad party and Jacob is coming back Smile. Ill let him know you said "hi" Razz
*Epidemic
*Epidemic
I Am "Aaron"
I Am

Male
Number of posts : 316

http://oops.omgforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 13th 2010, 2:20 am

Hey no rush now that we have everyone joined. Sorry I'm not really online tonight just popping on to say Kat, Andrew your invites are sent Very Happy I am so excited to have this ball rolling.

Well Jeremy and I have a show to watch and then to bed we go its been a busy day and I'll update tomorrow.
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 13th 2010, 6:01 pm

Oh man Andrew, I like what you've put so far with Bate. Can't wait to see the next step on how this develops.

Aaron you better tell Jacob I say Hi! I misses him!

Well I just wanted to hop on and see if anyone had a chance to update. I know today is a busy day for a few of you. Smile Have fun!
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bate The Wizard June 13th 2010, 7:13 pm

i added an update to the story, my writing skills aren't all that great but i think it came out fairly well
Bate The Wizard
Bate The Wizard
Quite A Regular
Quite A Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 15th 2010, 1:25 am

Loving what people have so far. I'm going to help take charge of the group if thats fine with you Kat. Just so you don't have to worry quite as much about them. Meet my second character T'Lara. hehehe.

Kat I changed your text colour for now just cause I'm adding to it and can't read the cyan against the white very well. I will try and remember to change it back. Smile

Aaron I know you have the thread saying that you don't have time at the moment so long as you don't forget about it and decide to never join its all good. We don't have any of the characters really meeting yet just starting to become aware of each other. Nothing says your character has to be there at the beginning maybe we run into him later on. So just take care of you and hopefully you get some time in the nearer future!
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bate The Wizard June 15th 2010, 5:10 pm

i have decided to add my second character, Rin to the story but i have yet to determine when he will show up, maybe soon if i decide on a good enough back story for his entry
Bate The Wizard
Bate The Wizard
Quite A Regular
Quite A Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 15th 2010, 10:32 pm

Thats awesome. Yeah multiple characters are fine. If people just want to stay with one character thats cool too.

Loving how much people are adding! But I think its time to stir shit up. Sorry Andrew I hope Dinnok's breakdown works in Bate's favor, but uhh try not to torch him kk?
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Risen June 15th 2010, 10:47 pm

i would but i donts knos hows or wats to doos
Risen
Risen
Just Learning The Ropes
Just Learning The Ropes

Male
Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 15th 2010, 10:56 pm

Well if you have a gmail address I can invite you to the story then you can read what is there to decide what you want to do. The main points is this is more a fantasy type story so that anything goes really. Just no superman characters, give them a flaw. While Andrew, Kat and I are looking at managing multiple characters you don't have to. Its all imagination. Smile
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Bate The Wizard June 16th 2010, 1:58 am

Wow you girls moved that story quick. 'im going to have to watch it 24/7
In any case my grand entrance has been made, let the fun begin.

And a helping word to you risen, you don't have to enter the story right way, you could even introduce your character now and have a story detailing their actions until a time you join with the other characters.
Bate The Wizard
Bate The Wizard
Quite A Regular
Quite A Regular

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Whytewolf June 18th 2010, 10:20 pm

Hey everyone, sorry its taken so long for me to check the story and for disappearing a few nights ago. As I told Aaron (through text message) There was a lot of cloud and rain which blocked my internet connection. I seem to be fine now but as I am working full time hours and the shit weather is planning to make a come back on Sunday I'll do my best to make my presence known.
Whytewolf
Whytewolf
My Face Is Up Here!
My Face Is Up Here!

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down